Mystrie error number...

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd@challenge.dk
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:09:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Peter Pregler wrote:

> > be used as a "survaliance" application, but I am having problems with the
> > EDP mode on the IBM machine that I have as target. On my test machine, it
> > works perfect. )

(ECP, not EDP :-)

> Could you be a bit more elaborate on this. Do you suppose the problem is in the
> ECP-driver or in your application?

The problem is either in the (linux kernel?) ECP driver or the (more
likely) hardware; no matter how I set the bios, the parallelport keeps
coming up as "SPP" in /proc/parport/0/hardware (before loading the cpia
module).

This is redhat 6.0; kernel 2.2.5-15

So, I need either new kernel or new hardware (I am looking at the last
bit).

I am a bit pressed for time, but I will let you know when and if I get it
to work.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Unix is here to stay. The Internet is Unix, all network administrators cut