Webcam (cpia) on laptop

Jacob Nikom nikom@merl.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:36:17 -0400

Hi,

I am having a problem trying to load ppcuscpia driver
in my Linux RedHat 6.0 kernel 2.2.5-15, Pentium II
IBM ThinkPad laptop.

I was able to install ppcuscpia driver run all Linux
WebCam II software successfully on my another Linux
machine - Pentium III. I thought the move to laptop
is going to be very smooth - wrong!

The laptop system successfully runs NT4.0 and Linux 6.0.
After some tweaking with parallel port and external keyboard
socket I succeeded with running WebCamII and ISpy on NT
using Creative Labs' NT driver. However, when I tried to install
ppcuscpia driver I got problems.

I used depmod -a and modprobe commands to download the
driver on my desktop (insmod could not locate all symbols)
Here, on laptop it reported: device is busy. If I remove
parport_probe and parport_pc modules it cannot resolve
all symbols, but does not report about busy device. In both
cases the drive is not loaded.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you,

Jacob Nikom