Webcam (cpia) on laptop

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd@challenge.dk
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:32:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Jacob Nikom wrote:

> The laptop system successfully runs NT4.0 and Linux 6.0.
> After some tweaking with parallel port and external keyboard
> socket I succeeded with running WebCamII and ISpy on NT
> using Creative Labs' NT driver. However, when I tried to install
> ppcuscpia driver I got problems.
>
> I used depmod -a and modprobe commands to download the
> driver on my desktop (insmod could not locate all symbols)
> Here, on laptop it reported: device is busy.

I tried something similar. Have you tried doing this with an external
keyboard? Does your keyboard work?

In my case, I think the kernel shuts down the ps2 port to the keyboard
during boot, and therefore there is no power to the camera.

I may be very wrong.

> If I remove
> parport_probe and parport_pc modules it cannot resolve
> all symbols, but does not report about busy device. In both
> cases the drive is not loaded.

I thin kyou need the parport modules. The reason you do not get device
busy is probably because you never get to the stage where the module try
to access the camera.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Oh well, all operating systems crash constantly right? This is normal, right?