Webcam (cpia) on laptop

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:05:40 +0200 (CEST)

On 22-Oct-99 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Peter Pregler wrote:
>
>> > I may be very wrong.
>>
>> I do know of at least one type of laptop where the Creative Webcam II
>> does
>> not work (not under win*) because of some power issue (somehow
>> confirmed
>> with tech-support). The final test in such a case is to try it under
>> Win*.
>> If it works there it should also run under linux.
>
>:-/
>
> I do not have access to MS Windows. (Oh joy, actually).

I envy you for that one. :) There is another test: you can plug in the
parport to the laptop and the keyboard to a normal PC. That should work
too. Just make sure that there is not too much static charge (or
however you call that in English) around. Disclaimer: I am not liable for
any damage caused to any system by this action. So use at your own risk.

Greetings, Peter