Future direction of driver

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater@ncc.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:56:09 -0500

On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:03:55 -0400, Jacob Nikom wrote:

>(IMHO I think that cpia is rather strange name. I think the name should
>reflect that it is a driver for WebCam II camera, not for something more
>generic.)

I'm using the CPiA driver with my Zoom Telephonics ZoomCam, which
is another CPiA-based camera. If the driver is named for only one
seller's trade name of the camera, people might think the driver
only worked with the WebCam II instead of with all CPiA cameras.

My vote is to stick with a generic name. Either CPiA for the
chipset being used or something related to VLSI Vision Ltd., the
company that makes the cameras. It might even be a good idea to
make the name more specific, like "CPiA-VV0670", just in case
VLSI Vision releases a different camera chipset next year.

-Steve