Future direction of driver

Jacob Nikom nikom@merl.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 18:33:25 -0400

Hi,

Yes, working with the code I did not read the webcam page for a while:-)
When I did it today, I downloaded the latest cpia0.2.1 driver and tested
it a bit.

I found that it works not faster than cpia0.2. Namely for manual
compression
(I think the highest level of compression) I got 10 - 12 fps, for
automatic
one - 7 - 8 fps and for uncompressed video - 2 - 3 fps (I have PIII,
500MGz,
RedHat 6.0, kernel 2.2.5). Are those typical numbers?

Thank you for pointing me to the hidden print in commandnames variable.

Jacob