Future direction of driver

Bas Rijniersce bas@brijn.nu
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:35:12 +0200

Hi,

Jacob Nikom wrote:

> Yes, working with the code I did not read the webcam page for a while:-)
> When I did it today, I downloaded the latest cpia0.2.1 driver and tested
> it a bit.

> I found that it works not faster than cpia0.2. Namely for manual
> compression
> (I think the highest level of compression) I got 10 - 12 fps, for
> automatic
> one - 7 - 8 fps and for uncompressed video - 2 - 3 fps (I have PIII,
> 500MGz,
> RedHat 6.0, kernel 2.2.5). Are those typical numbers?

Yes, I get the same numbers. And I think Scott also mentioned numbers in
the same range.

> Jacob

Bas
----
Bas Rijniersce                       Phone +31 341 550545
Oude Telgterweg 81                   Fax +31 341 562940
3851 EA  Ermelo                      http://www.brijn.nu
The Netherlands                      bas@brijn.nu