USB video cams

Matias Freytes mfreytes@gtwing.efn.uncor.edu
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:25:38 -0300 (ART)

 Hi,
 	I'm a bit confused because I've heard there's not usb reliable
support under linux. I checked home.eunet.no/jtotland/vision again and
found many usb cams supported, but then went to www.linux-usb.org and
understood that this driver is almost experimental. After that I received
an email explaining that the driver comes with kernels 2.3 and newer.
	I need to buy three USB video cams for a new project at our lab
(don't have money for capture cards) and would like to know which is the
fastest and most reliable usb camera/driver available? I'd also like to
hear about frame rates (color QCIF).

Thank you very much.