v4l - some comments about interrupt driven operation

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:08:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I have thrown away (literally speaking) the old interrupt driven
v4l-code I wrote and started to implement a scheme based on polling. The
reasons are:

- Despite quite some effort I could not get a stable interrupt
  scheme. The driver constantly misses interrupts which in my scheme
  would stall capturing which is not acceptable. I see no
  easy way to debug the interrupt-code (in interface_pp.c/
  interface_pp_low.c) without quite some help from
  the linux parport-people (timeouts, etc.) and quite some