[cpia] Ezonics EZCam Success Story (More or Less)

Joseph C. Kopec kopecjc@att.net
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:29:35 -0400

Putting cpia and cpia_usb in modules under 2.3.99-pre5 solved my
problems, and I was able to get gqcam to display beautiful color video
of me typing away -- many thanks to all who have made this possible!

Several points to note:

1.  cpia-control failed with a Python error in some function with
"float" in its name -- I will try to get the full error message next
time it comes up.

2.  In upgrading to 2.3.99-pre5 from 2.2.12-20, I found that ppp became
non-functional, and to resolve this I had to upgrade to version 2.3.11
of ppp.

3.  gqcam displays a "kernel: shmget: shm filesystem not mounted"
message upon launch but appears to work (but see next item).

4.  Like George Talusan, I also experienced several failures of gqcam
with "usb-uchi.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# ____" messages sent to
log.  Johannes Erdfelt mentioned the Alternate UHCI driver he wrote as
the possible solution -- is this the alternate UHCI option provided in
2.3.99-pre5?

Again, many thanks -- its great to see the progress that is being made
on the hardware/driver front in Linux.