[cpia] Ezonics EZCam Success Story (More or Less)

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt@sventech.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:47:41 -0400

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000, Joseph C. Kopec <kopecjc@att.net> wrote:
> Putting cpia and cpia_usb in modules under 2.3.99-pre5 solved my
> problems, and I was able to get gqcam to display beautiful color video
> of me typing away -- many thanks to all who have made this possible!
>
> Several points to note:
>
> 3.  gqcam displays a "kernel: shmget: shm filesystem not mounted"
> message upon launch but appears to work (but see next item).

I think you need

mount -t shm none /var/shm

or something similar

> 4.  Like George Talusan, I also experienced several failures of gqcam
> with "usb-uchi.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# ____" messages sent to
> log.

That's not always a problem. That UHCI driver is very verbose and shows
all interrupt status' other than the standard interrupt.

That means an error occured, but some errors are normal.

> Johannes Erdfelt mentioned the Alternate UHCI driver he wrote as
> the possible solution -- is this the alternate UHCI option provided in
> 2.3.99-pre5?

Yes it is.

> Again, many thanks -- its great to see the progress that is being made
> on the hardware/driver front in Linux.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to see another success story.

JE