[cpia] BarbieCam (again)

Jeff Laing jeffl@SPATIALinfo.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:15:05 +1000

> > Specifically, does anyone know what baudrate, etc to talk
> to the camera?
>
> Details are as follows
>
> - 57,600 baud
> - 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit
> - no handshaking

I have successfully managed to get data out of the camera and am going great
guns.  It appears that it matches the VVL310 sufficiently for the
documentation there to be helpful, although the chip-id identifies it as
0x12A ???

My problem now lies in the image processing space - I've done some
rudimentary RGB blending to try and reduce the 162x124 array to a 160x120
rgb array and it looks "ok" although it has these horizontal lines about
every four rows which are much darker.  The processing I've been doing just
takes the r & b values from the surrounding pixels, and averages the g
values.

I'm wondering whether there is any need for me to be adjusting the camera
values before processing them (ie, adding the average pixel value in, or
some other level offset).  Alternately, is it possible that the camera is
interlacing somehow, and I should be rearranging the rows (as I had to do
for the columns)?

Any ideas would be most appreciated,

thanks in advance,

Jeff Laing <jeffl@spatialinfo.com>
---
"But when I am alone, I do not have the effrontery to consider myself an
artist
at all, not in the grand old meaning of the word: Giotto, Titian, Rembrandt,
Goya were great painters.  I am only a public clown -- a mountebank. I have
understood my time and have exploited the imbecility, the vanity, the greed
of
my contemporaries. It is a bitter confession, this confession of mine, more
painful than it may seem. But at least and at last it does have the merit of
being honest."                                           -- Pablo Picasso