[cpia] Creative Webcam II (Parallel) problems

j.m.maurer j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:41:00 +0200

First I set my parport to ECP mode in my Bios. Then I used kernel 2.2.16

with Video for Linux compiled as a module, which is videodev.o I also
compiled parport.o and parport_pc.o as a module. Finally under Plug &
Play I
also compiled parport_probe as a module.

After booting the kernel I did the folowing:

insmod parport
insmod parport_pc
insmod parport_probe

insmod parport_probe should detect a webcam, which you can see using
dmesg.
I then downloaded the latest CPIA drivers from webcam.sourceforge.net
and
installed then using:

insmod cpia
insmod cpia_pp

The insmod cpia_pp then reported "1 cameras found" and all worked fine
(try
the client that comes with the cpia package). Be sure that there are no
errors reported in dmesg, because on a P120 it also reported "1 cameras
found" but dmesg showed some errors and it still didn't work, since the
parport is not IEEE1284 capable...

Hope this helps :)
Marc