[cpia] Re: CPIA / gqcam / sane / command-line utilities..

James E Jurach Jr. muaddib@erf.net
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:04:54 -0500

Cory,

> > 1) Is there a forum or community of CPIA users that you know of who are
>
> http://webcam.sourceforge.net/
> There is a fair amount of information, as well as a mailing list ...

I've added myself to this list.

> > My intention for purchasing the zoom cam was ultimately to provide a
> > webcam ... and there doesn't appear to be any command-line interface or
> > timed automation features to produce such a series of images..
>
> try running
> gqcam --help

This brings up the gui, and provides no help.  I'm working with the
cpia-1.1.tgz released on 2000-Jul-13 available from sourceforge.  Do you
know of any more recent releases, or perhaps a CVS repository I can play
with?

> In general, if something says it supports Video4Linux, it should work
> with any of the drivers.

This is actually a point of confusion for me.  There is a v4l and a v4l2,
and very little documentation that relates the 2 projects together (or
perhaps of the 20 or so i've followed, I didn't follow the right one).

Do you have any plans of merging the gqcam-cpia work back into the gqcam
project, or if there will eventually be a merge of the two projects
(perhaps based on SANE backends?).  I do not have enough tuits even to know
whether to chase geese down the v4l path or the v4l2 path ..

Thanks for your response.

James