[cpia] message keeps repeating in logs "ECP direction: reverse" ?

Luc Stepniewski luc.stepniewski@c2a.fr
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:51:08 +0200

--------------F39DB420C0CA1D5923DBD185

Hello,

I've been using successfully a creative labs webcam II on parallel port
on
a bi-Celeron machine, with kernel 2.2.x, getting 20 fps without any
problem.
I've upgraded my machine to kernel 2.4.0-test6, which includes the CPIA
module in standard (cool !). I've compiled the parport support with
FIFO/DMA,
and 1284 transfer mode too.
When I modprobe the cpia module, the parport, parport_pc, videodev and
cpia_pp
are well loaded:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
0x378: FIFO is 16 bytes
0x378: writeIntrThreshold is 16
0x378: readIntrThreshold is 16
0x378: PWord is 8 bits
0x378: Interrupts are ISA-Pulses
0x378: ECP port cfgA=0x10 cfgB=0x48
0x378: ECP settings irq=7 dma=<none or set by other means>
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,EPP,ECP]
parport0: irq 7 detected
parport0: cpp_daisy: aa5500ff(10)
parport0: assign_addrs: aa5500ff(10)
parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera
parport0: ECP direction: reverse
last message repeated 7 times
CPiA Version: 1.20 (2.0)
CPiA PnP-ID: 0553:0002:0100
VP-Version: 1.0 0100

But, when I try to use it with xawtv (for example), the fps is sooooooo
slow !
(less than 5 fps). I noticed that the logs are filled with the following
error/warning:
parport0: ECP direction: reverse
Aug 16 11:25:13 machine last message repeated 1251 times
Aug 16 11:26:14 machine last message repeated 1567 times
Aug 16 11:27:05 machine last message repeated 1173 times

As you can see, something is wrong :-) Can anyone tell me what to do ?
Is this a bug in the kernel or in cpia ?

Thanks,
Luc
--------------F39DB420C0CA1D5923DBD185

begin:vcard
n:Stepniewski;Luc
tel;work:01 46 88 41 46
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.adequat.net/
org:Adequat;Securite / Linux
adr:;;146 Blvd Voltaire;Asnieres;;92600;France
version:2.1
email;internet:lstep@adequat.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;26528
fn:Luc Stepniewski