[cpia] webcam ii in linux, quality of pic

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 14:08:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have put two images taken a few minutes ago on my web-server. You
are invited to chose which picture was taken with which software.
The lighting conditions: sunny day, huge window in front of me.  The
two pictures were taken with:

- gqcam, cpia-0.5, CIF, default settings (I tried also setting the fps
  to 30 and compression to off, both did not change anything)
- windows cpia-control with settings set to video preview, highest
  quality, image size CIF, capture set to 24bit, which IMHO should
  produce best quality

The url is http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler/cpia
Both images are about 13K big. I cannot see any significant quality
difference. The exposure is a bit different. That is about all. And
I think I could have adjusted that with manual exposure control via
the control client.

My guess for your problem: maybe the default settings for the linux
client is bad for indoor lighting. Please try out the control client.
If you find any better settings send me the values so I can do tests.

-Peter