[cpia] Re: [linux-usb] CPIA & YUV422 format..

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 11:40:12 +0100 (CET)

On 26-Feb-2000 sbertin@mindspring.com wrote:
> On 25 Feb, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
>> I've take a quick look at it and it seems to be a forked version of my
>> USB CPiA from about 2.3.39 but with Parallel port and better V4L support
>> and some more features (/proc/cpia, etc).
>>
>> Surprisingly, they credited me for part of the core (generic CPiA code)
>> and parallel port driver (?), but not the USB driver, they credit Jochen
>> Scharrlach for that. Puzzling.
>
> I'm putting together a few patches for the unified driver now.  I'll fix
> the credits as part of that.

I am responsible for crediting you in the generic cpia-code. There is no stuff
of yours in the parport code and therefore hopefully :) no credits. I started
the generic v4l stuff using your code. I also took the memory-allocation code
from your 2.3.13 or so version. So I credited you. In the current version the
v4l-code is a complete rewrite. The memory-allication code was AFAIK rewritten
by Scott. So he may choose the credits. As for the USB-stuff: that was done by
Jochen. I have no idea how much that code is based on your stuff.

-Peter