[cpia] Re: [linux-usb] CPIA & YUV422 format..

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:33:53 -0500 (EST)

On 25 Feb, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> I've take a quick look at it and it seems to be a forked version of my
> USB CPiA from about 2.3.39 but with Parallel port and better V4L support
> and some more features (/proc/cpia, etc).
>
> Surprisingly, they credited me for part of the core (generic CPiA code)
> and parallel port driver (?), but not the USB driver, they credit Jochen
> Scharrlach for that. Puzzling.

I'm putting together a few patches for the unified driver now.  I'll fix
the credits as part of that.

> Anyway, this will probably replace the existing USB CPiA driver. It is
> afterall, much of my original code and it seems to be well put together.

I'm glad you feel that way.  We've been planning on merging the drivers
from early on, but it was only recently that anyone did the work to
provide support for 2.3 kernels and merge the USB code.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@minspring.com