[cpia] Problem with brightness

Henry Bruce Henry.BRUCE@st.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:48:47 GMT

> I noticed that brightness doesn't change too much using gqcam.
> It's a problem related to the automatic settings of the camera?

This is is a valid observation. The brightness command sets the target
intensity (i.e average pixel value) for the automatic exposure controller in
CPiA. If you are in a dimly lit room, the exposure may be well be at its
maximum already, so increasing the "brightesss" would not help.

Later versions of the Windows driver apply a "software" gain to the image to
increase its intensity, but this intoduces some noise.

Henry Bruce