[cpia] USB anyone?

Naresh Sharma naresh@mantra.nl
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 13:31:57 +0100 (CET)

>  > My usb cpia ezcam crashes the system after a few minutes of running. I
>  > you want help in fixing the usb-cpia cam, I'll be happy to help.
>
> Which kernel revision do you have? 2.3.35 was the first that worked
> for me at all and I tried many 2.3.x kernels! (my partitions are
> fsck'ed rather often :-/)
I've tried it with 2.3.38->2.3.40-pre-3, in addition to
2.2.14+back-ported-usb drivers for 2.3.39->2.2.14. All crash after a
while. Initially it works, but it soon drops dead. I can fix it up so that
you can see the w3cam rendering jpegs from outside. Its not stable and
will make me fsck the file system. I dont want my system fscking that
often :-)... I'm hoping that the 2.3.40 will have a more stable usb stack.

Greetings,                       __      naresh@mantra.nl
Naresh.               __________/ F    Ph: +31.40.2910125
                    c'____---__=_/    fax: +31.40.2910126
Dr. Ir. N. Sharma_____o_____o________http://www.mantra.nl
Defining  the   Art  and  Science  of  Design  Automation