[cpia] Unified patch for recent kernels

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:17:43 +0100 (CET)

On 26-Jan-2000 sbertin@mindspring.com wrote:
> The ECP direction: reverse messages are just the kernel telling you it
> is doing a read.  The low frame rate is also normal right now.  I'm
> assuming it is beacuse the FIFO and DMA are unused. I plan to look into
> this and hopefully get a patch into parport_pc before the 2.4 kernel is
> released.

I had a look at your code yesterday and it worked at first try. Good work!
I noticed that they implemented fifo-read/write in parport_pc but only
dma-write and no dma-read. Did you try out the fifo-read? The patch would
be about the dma-write then. Is that correct? I would not mind to do the
dma-read stuff. I guess I have some practice with that and their dma-write
code looked quite similar to my 2.2 dma-read code. :)

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler