[cpia] Unified patch for recent kernels

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:04:43 -0500 (EST)

On 26 Jan, Peter Pregler wrote:
> I had a look at your code yesterday and it worked at first try. Good
> work! I noticed that they implemented fifo-read/write in parport_pc
> but only dma-write and no dma-read. Did you try out the fifo-read? The
> patch would be about the dma-write then. Is that correct?

I haven't tried the fifo-read.  It is disabled by default right now
because of some issues with data loss if there is data in the fifo when
ECP mode is terminated.  This shouldn't be a problem for us, but is for
parallel port SCSI devices.

> I would not
> mind to do the dma-read stuff. I guess I have some practice with that
> and their dma-write code looked quite similar to my 2.2 dma-read code.
> :)

Have you looked at what Michal Kral did (kralcpia-0.1.tgz on the
archive)?  It looks like taht could be dropped almost directly into
parprot_pc.  It may have the same data loss issues that the fifo code
has though.  I haven't looked into it enough yet to say for sure.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@mindspring.com