[cpia] Anybody have a clue?

C. Bradford csb@psouth.net
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:09:47 -0400

Hi everyone --

I've been screwing around with the cpia drivers for at least 2 months
now trying to get the stuff to work.  I can't get it to work for the
life of me!!

Currentl, I've got a fresh 2.2.16 kernel with the latest usb-backport
drivers  (OHCI - SIS chipset), and the cpia 1.0 drivers.  I have an
ezonics ezcam usb.  Everything compiles and loads OK and the camera is
detected.

Thats the point that I keep getting stumped!  Whats a good simple
program to test the camera?  I've tried a bunch of different ones...
I currently have the latest xawtv installed, but it's crap and doesn't
work.

incidently, in my dmesg, I keep getting 'cpia data error' messages
whenever I try a framegrab with xawtv....

I have a /dev/video0 device and a symlink from /dev/video to
dev/video0... what else am I missing?  I'm starting to think that I'm
missing something really really really simple and basic.. one of those
things nobody documents because it's expected knowledge.

ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE?  I really want this thing to work.. I know it can
work because I hear about people using the damn cpia-usb cameras every
day.  What the hell am I missing?

--Christopher Bradford