[cpia] How to automate the module loading?

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:02:26 +0200

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 11:35:38PM -0400, sbertin@mindspring.com wrote:
> I haven't tried it, but if your camera is you only v4l
> device, you can probably alias char-major-81 to cpia and have everything
> happen automatically.  To summarize:
>
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> alias char-major-81 cpia
> post-install cpia_pp   echo "compression_mode:none" >> /proc/cpia/video0
>
> and everything should work like magic.

On my box the following settings are sufficient to autoload everything
correctly. The parport_pc stuff is only necessary to get DMA working.

alias char-major-81 cpia_pp
options parport_pc dma=3 irq=7
post-install parport_pc   echo 7 >> /proc/parport/0/irq

-Peter

--
I will not waste chalk. --Bart Simpson at the blackboard
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com