[cpia] streaming video via www and webcam ?!

Eric Montgomery themooch@hawaii.rr.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:29:50 -1000

--------------2549C6DBF09AC7C4471CAAAA

I have sucessfully used the Cheetah Video Daemon
(http://cheetah.netfx-2000.net/) for streaming video with the USB Webcam
II. The only problem is he hasn't oficially released it yet. He's still
cleaning up the code for it. I'm trying to get it back up and running with
the 2.4 kernel, so I'll post my website address when I get it up and running
again. Unfortunately, I can't give out the copy of it that I have. Try to
contact them though and see if you can bug the living hell out of him and
try to get a copy. Make sure you tell him that your cam does not have a
tuner in it. He sent me one setup for no tuner. Meanwhile, I need to see if
I can find his damned email address again.....

Monty

Andreas Grzybowski wrote:

> Hello everybody !!
>
> sorry for my questions again ! but i need this information urgently !
>
> is there a tool outside there, where i can stream video with my webcam II
> usb or parallel port under linux - and then to put this stream live into
> my webbrowser ? i need a live stream for a little project !
>
> also i looking for a tool to capture online a snap in the webbrowser when
> a user refreshed the site !! w3cam doesn't work with my webcam II !
>
> or which other solution can i use ! how did YOU solve this ?!
> can you give me some hints !?
>
> i have linux redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.16 patched with backport !
>
> many many thanks to all !
>
> Bye
> Andy

Unix is sexy
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~;unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount;
 gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep