[cpia] Setting up Kernel 2.2

afra afra@prongs.org
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 09:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

I am relatively knew to linux, so please forgive my "newbie-ness".

I have a Creative Labs Webcam II and it is USB on kernel 2.2.15 .

I implemented the Backport of 2.3 USB code to the 2.2 kernels and the
patch worked. I get the extra USB options in the kernel during the config.

However, when I untar the cpia driver and type 'make kernel-2.3' in the
module/ subdirectory (as I have a USB), the patch does not work,
complaining of hunks failing. Did I miss a step here? I tried 'make all',
but this complained of a missing usb.h .

Regardless, I tried the kernel config again and under Character Devices, I
saw "Video For Linux". Under this option, there was the option for "CPiA
Video For Linux" and upon checking this, the "CPiA Parallel Port Lowlevel
Support" (and DMA) comes up, but NOT the USB option, although i do see it
in Config.help .

I would appreciate any help on this matter!

Thanks

Afra