[cpia] Setting up Kernel 2.2

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:35:07 +0200

Hi,

the answer is short. Do not use 'make kernel-2.3' on the 2.2
series. There is a reason it is labelled 2.3. :) The kernel 2.2.15
already has a stripped down version of the cpia-driver for parport
only. Patching that one with a different code base will clearly
fail. So simply compile the driver in the untared directory (make sure
the include-path goes to your new kernel-tree) as a module in that
directory.

Greetings, Peter