[cpia] CPIA Lockups?

Pavan tumati@students.uiuc.edu
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:10:38 -0500 (CDT)

I have been working with 2 cameras, the white pine camera, and the
creative web cam II, both parallel port versions.  I have been testing
code on numerous systems, and when I am trying to read() several times in
a row for an update to my window, the program locks up.  The strace points
to read(), and the dmesg output has the following:

cpia.c:parse_picture(2016):line length was not 1 but 0 after 670/118849
bytes

How can I avoid this, or force the driver to reset itself and try to start
retrieving images again?  Sometimes the camera works for 20 minutes,
sometimes it works for 2 minutes.  It locks on the read, however.  Right
now, I have to reboot, because my application locks completely.

My camera registers fine, this is the information so far:

V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.1
Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.1
  using PIO mode
  CPiA Version: 1.20 (2.0)
  CPiA PnP-ID: 0553:0002:0100
  VP-Version: 1.0 0100