[cpia] CPiA 0.7.2 & Zoomtel camera: Colour balance strangene

Claudio Matsuoka claudio@helllabs.org
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:39:23 -0300 (BRT)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Peter Pregler wrote:

> > FWIW, I've seen this as well. It sometimes is yellowish, or purplish (I
> > think). Mostly yellow.
>
> I have done short tests with the M$-driver and the 0.7.2 driver (parport,
> kernerl-2.2.14) under low-light conditions. Under M$ the behavior is
> pretty strange. In the beginning the picture is very dark and very
> reddish. After a few seconds it does a snap and from one frame to the next
> it is much brighter. Apparently some correction is triggered. After that
> it settles down close to the same as the linux result. But the end-result
> is still way too redish (see my web-page, url in the signature).

Under low-light conditions (sunlight), my camera at http://helllabs.org
tends to grab dark-greenish images. This is a consistent behaviour, I
think I never got reddish or yellowish images with this camera.

BTW, w3cam just doesn't work here. It grabs a single frame then freezes
for a random amount of time. gqcam works just fine, I moved the image
acquisition code from gqcam to w3cam and surprisingly the behaviour
remains the same. camserv (which is now running at the lab page) works
better than w3cam, but freezes at random after a client breaks connection,
requiring the server to be restarted.

claudio