[cpia] CPiA colour balance problem [patch]

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 08:28:15 +0100 (CET)

On 06-Mar-2000 rich@annexia.org wrote:

> Erm, that fixes it, indeed :-) I've attached an `official' patch,
> so that other people can try it out too, in particular David Cougle
> who had a similar problem with the 1.20 firmware version.
>
> I'm going to take a deeper look at this problem.

Hmmm, I guess it was my fault. :( I seem to have mixed up exposure control
and color balance. After rereading the developers guide I think the
exposure control should only be touched in case of flicker control whereas
the color balance state should be saved between open/close.

I'll try to reproduce the '10 10' problem and solve it in the evening. If
that works out I will put together a 0.7.4.

A question to Johannes: shouln't we replace the kernel-driver with this
version? What is the procedure to do so? I have submitted 0.5.0 (parport
only) to Alan for inclusion in 2.2.16. But I guess that has not much to do
with the recent 2.3.X-kernels.

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler