[cpia] CPiA colour balance problem [patch]

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt@sventech.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:27:12 -0500

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000, Peter Pregler <Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote:

> On 06-Mar-2000 rich@annexia.org wrote:
> >
> > Erm, that fixes it, indeed :-) I've attached an `official' patch,
> > so that other people can try it out too, in particular David Cougle
> > who had a similar problem with the 1.20 firmware version.
> >
> > I'm going to take a deeper look at this problem.
>
> Hmmm, I guess it was my fault. :( I seem to have mixed up exposure control
> and color balance. After rereading the developers guide I think the
> exposure control should only be touched in case of flicker control whereas
> the color balance state should be saved between open/close.
>
> I'll try to reproduce the '10 10' problem and solve it in the evening. If
> that works out I will put together a 0.7.4.
>
> A question to Johannes: shouln't we replace the kernel-driver with this
> version? What is the procedure to do so? I have submitted 0.5.0 (parport
> only) to Alan for inclusion in 2.2.16. But I guess that has not much to do
> with the recent 2.3.X-kernels.

I can handle it if you like. We'll most likely have to remove the
2.2isms to get it into 2.3, but that's not much code.

Everyone on the linux-usb list agrees with me and I'm sure Linus won't
have any problems with removing my old driver and getting this newer one
into the kernel.

JE