[cpia] gqcam with Creative WebCam II

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:47:35 +0100 (CET)

On 13-Mar-2000 Sang Y. Yum wrote:
> When I execute gqcam (0.6 version), the window comes
> up but fails to show anything. When I do File->Open
> Camera and select /dev/video, gqcam terminates with
> the message:
>
> [sang@pikatsu gqcam-0.6]$ ./gqcam
> /dev/video: Device or resource busy
>

> As you might have guess from the first output, I also
> have WinTV tuner card installed, which is configured
> and working. I have a feeling that it's somehow
> interfering with my WebCam. When gqcam comes up, it
> has "Gqcam - BT878 (Hauppaug new)" in the title bar.
> Hauppaug is the manufacturer of WinTV tuner card.

Check in /proc/cpia what file is there. Is it video0 or video1. Depending
on the insmod-order the device attached to the two video-devices varies.
Try to start gqcam with the correct device file (either /dev/video0 or
/dev/video1) and have a look at the syslog-output.

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler