[cpia] gqcam with Creative WebCam II

Sang Y. Yum tdat@yahoo.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:21:43 -0800 (PST)

--- Peter Pregler <Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at>
wrote:

> > What's that "fatal_error" doing there?
>
> That should be the source of your problem.
> Apparently the read of the
> firmware version et al. fails. I check that out.

Peter,

My bad. I bought a OEM version of this camera, which
came with no documentation. I did not realize that the
extra dangling connection were to be plugged into the
keyboard connector, which, I guess, is a power source.

Anyway, I am getting close but no dough. gqcam
displays a couple of frames, the picture freezes and
gqcam spits out "Error reading image..." repeatedly
and I see these messages repeated in  dmesg:

cpia.c:parse_picture(1901):header not found
cpia.c(3629046):fetch_frame(2231):parse_picture failed
-1
cpia.c(3629046):fetch_frame(2159):retry=1

What do THESE mean? Please tell me there is a very
easy solution for this.

Thanks a million.

Sang

=====