[cpia] gqcam with Creative WebCam II

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:43:56 +0100 (CET)

On 15-Mar-2000 Sang Y. Yum wrote:
> My bad. I bought a OEM version of this camera, which
> came with no documentation. I did not realize that the
> extra dangling connection were to be plugged into the
> keyboard connector, which, I guess, is a power source.

That is good to know. I will check the driver with respect to that
'sillyness'. Maybe we can give a more reasonable error-message.

> Anyway, I am getting close but no dough. gqcam
> displays a couple of frames, the picture freezes and
> gqcam spits out "Error reading image..." repeatedly
> and I see these messages repeated in  dmesg:
>
> cpia.c:parse_picture(1901):header not found
> cpia.c(3629046):fetch_frame(2231):parse_picture failed
> -1

The driver read some garbage from the camera. I have not seen that message
for quite some time in the parport case. Can you check the syslog-file
/var/log/kernel.log or whatever for more info. We need the complete
output. See the list-archive, I have given the list of what is needed in
numerous mails before.

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler