[cpia] applications?

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:28:40 +0100 (CET)

On 15-Mar-2000 vincent wrote:
> which applications is available for the quick cam?
>
> I can only use "gqcam"
>
> I have try "w3cam" but I have a strange picture at some resolution like
> 80x60
> but at        320x240 it s ok. why ?

Any application for v4l should do. See the references at
webcam.sourceforge.net. About the resolution issue: this is a problem with
the application not the driver. Basically it requests an unsupported
resolution and the drivers gives the next closest one. Now the problem is
that the applications are written for frame-grabber cards and usually
ignore what the driver says it can do since frame-grabber cards can
deliver any resolution.

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler