[cpia] Should multiple USB cameras work ???

Holger Waechtler hwaechtler@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 May 2000 11:36:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody,

I tried to get two TerraCAM USB cameras on the ports of my USB controller
working, but unfortunally I didn't was very successful. Every single cam
works fine, but together I get only the first frame from the second camera
and then both capture processes freeze. The kernel log is full of messages
like:

cpia data error: [8] len=844, status=FFFFFFC1A

and:

cpia: scratch buf overflow!scr_len: 32217, n: 960

I tried Kernel 2.2.14 with the USB backport and 2.3.99-pre6, both with the
kernel driver and the the seperate driver from the cpia project page.

The behaviour changed a bit (the old kernel driver crashed my box, the
new versions can be recovered by unloading/reloading the module), but
none was able to capture from both cameras at the same time.

Is this not yet supported by the driver or am I just doing something
stupid ?

If it should work, but is not tested, where may be problems, where might
I look ?

What logs do you need ?

- Holger