[cpia] USB CAM crash

Jacob Nikom nikom@merl.com
Wed, 03 May 2000 10:44:15 -0400

Hi Piero,

I have the same behavior. Johannes Erdfelt said that
it is fixed in pre6 but maybe it did not get in yet.
You could verify that the latest patch is over there.
Go to the directory:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/char

Look at the file cpia.c. Starting from the line 1579
you should see the code from the patch:
        retval = cam->ops->transferCmd(cam->lowlevel_data, cmd, data);
-       if (retval)
+       if (retval) {
                DBG("%x - failed, retval=%d\n", command, retval);
-       else {
+               if (command == CPIA_COMMAND_GetColourParams ||
+                   command == CPIA_COMMAND_GetColourBalance ||
+                   command == CPIA_COMMAND_GetExposure)
+                       up(&cam->param_lock);
+       } else {
                switch(command) {
                case CPIA_COMMAND_GetCPIAVersion:
                        cam->params.version.firmwareVersion = data[0];

I did not recompiled my kernel yet to verify the fix.

Regards,

Jacob Nikom