R: [cpia] USB CAM crash

Piero Campanelli piero.campanelli@galactica.it
Wed, 3 May 2000 20:40:55 +0200

Hi

The patch is present in the kernel pre6 (i have seen this code in soruce
kernel)...so I think the problem is more serious :-)

This is the report for today:

Started at 9.00 am
Crash at 9.43 (reboot)
Crash at 15.30 (reboot)

At the moment is live....

I do every 56 second a

vidcat -f jpeg -d /dev/video1 ...

Byeee

: /usr/src/linux/drivers/char
:
: Look at the file cpia.c. Starting from the line 1579
: you should see the code from the patch:
:         retval = cam->ops->transferCmd(cam->lowlevel_data, cmd, data);
: -       if (retval)
: +       if (retval) {
:                 DBG("%x - failed, retval=%d\n", command, retval);
: -       else {
: +               if (command == CPIA_COMMAND_GetColourParams ||
: +                   command == CPIA_COMMAND_GetColourBalance ||
: +                   command == CPIA_COMMAND_GetExposure)
: +                       up(&cam->param_lock);
: +       } else {
:                 switch(command) {
:                 case CPIA_COMMAND_GetCPIAVersion:
:                         cam->params.version.firmwareVersion = data[0];
:
: I did not recompiled my kernel yet to verify the fix.
:
: Regards,
:
: Jacob Nikom
:
:
: Piero Campanelli wrote:
: >
: > Hi.
: >
: > I am loading kernel 2.3.99pre6 (so I think with the latest
: patchs of cpia
: > driver). However after 30 minutes drivers crash !
: > When i do a new videocapture I receive:
: >
: > Can't open device /dev/video
: >
: > So the only thing I can do is to reboot the machine. Could you help me ?
: > Evetnually how can i refix it without rebooting ?
: >
: > Tnx
: >