[cpia] Parallel Webcam II + 2.2.15 troubles

Sam Reynolds cloud@chool.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 16:37:43 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I am very new to this list and am trying to get my Creative Webcam 2
(parallel version) to work with 2.2.15.  I read the kernel documentation
and chose to go the "linked in" route.  I also made the video device like
it said and appended the address, DMA, and IRQ in my lilo.conf.  The first
time it told me that my port was not ECP compatable so i changed it to ECP
in my bios.  Now it tells me:
<--snip-->
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.5.0
Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.5.0
cpia_pp.c:cpia_pp_register(1307):failed to cpia_register_camera
  0 camera(s) found
<--snip-->

I tried to peruse the archives to see if this had been brought up before
but was unable to find any messages regarding it.  Thank you in advance
for your help :)
	Sam Reynolds