[cpia] V4L faq ?

Tobias Gogolin tobias@ing.ens.uabc.mx
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 14:09:57 -0700

Questions:

Is there a tool that any of you developers have
that could shed some light on the status and availability of the V4L
interface ports
such as:
- availability
- size
- update frequency
- PortName : how exactly a client would have to refer to the port
- Are any clients accessing the ports

Are there any possibilities to 'massage' ports into certain shapes to comply
to clients expectations ?
For example I am investigating the possibility to use Real producer as a
client
and it seems justly they focused on v4l produced from Frame Grabbers

Point me to all the resources that are already available to understand these
issues
And or lets compile further tools and info resources to evolve the
technology

My vision is a more communicative methodology to hook components via
interfaces together
and taking out the uncertainty and guesswork with visual status monitors for
components and interfaces

Is this to much to ask ?

cheers

Tobias