[cpia] aiptek webcam works -- think its ov511

Mark W. McClelland mwm@i.am
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 02:36:11 -0700

It is possible that there are two revisions of the camera, one a CPiA
and one an OV511. I have seen this with other cameras.

The ov511 driver's data rate can be decreased by increasing the "cams"
parameter. This should allow simultaneous use of another camera, as long
as its driver has a similar data-rate reduction feature. I'm not sure if
cpia does.

The color balance of ov511 cameras can vary between models, and the type
of lighting (flourescent, daylight, etc...) makes a huge difference. If
you want, you can send me a frame grab so I can see if there is a
problem with support for that particular camera.

--
Mark McClelland
http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/