[cpia] aiptek webcam works -- think its ov511

Joseph C. Kopec kopecjc@att.net
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:00:28 -0400

My experience with the USB Aiptek HyperVcam Fun is that it is an ov511
device.  I am running version 2.4.0-test7 on Intel.  I have compiled
into the kernel both the CPiA (Version 1.20 (2.10)) and the ov511
(Version 1.20) drivers. When I use an Ezonics EZCam USB, the camera is
detected as a USB CPiA camera.  When I use an Aiptek HyperVcam Fun USB
camera, the camera is detected as USB OV511 camera.  Each camera works
using gqcam -- I haven't worked on trying to get them both running at
the same time however.  Additionally, the colors in the Aiptek run very
purplish-blue in indoor light.  I am in the U.S. -- perhaps the Aiptek
distributed here differs somewhat from that distributed in Europe.

For more information on ov511, see http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/