[cpia] cpia-control broken by recent gnome/gtk?

f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:57:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

While checking how cpia drivers work with latest kernels (2.4.16)
(after a  few tweaks) I found that cpia-control had become non functional.

It now seems this is not because of my tweaks to the drivers, but
because on RedHat-7.2 (to which I recently upgraded)
pygtk is at version 0.6.8, and pygnome is at version 1.4.

After rebuilding the RH7.1 python-gnome source rpm on my RH7.2
system (which builds both pygtk and pygnome), and downgrading
them both, cpia-control works fine again!
On RH7.1, pgtk is 0.6.6 and pygnome is 1.0

I dont know which of the two downgrades is the critical one,
but I suppose that pygnome is the likely one. (I can't easily downgrade one
but not the other)

Does anyone (Peter Prengler?) have any ideas.  It would be good to
fix cpia-control so it works with both gtk/pygnome versions.

The symptom is that in cpia_control.py, only the first
"create_*(notebook)" works, so only the top tab of the gui gets
drawn properly (but doesnt work).  After touching the sliders a
little, cpia-control freezes.

cpia-control also needs a small update to register a callback
for the /proc/cpia/video* entry "allowable_exposure".

Duncan.

E-Mail: f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Date: 15-Dec-2001
Time: 15:32:57