remade the cvs patches(was RE: [cpia] patches for cpia-drive

f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:52:47 -0500 (EST)

On 17-Dec-2001 Gleicon S. Moraes wrote:
> Hi !
> Good move regarding the cpia patch.
> I would like to know if that DMA transfer issue has been solved. (parport
> module)
> I've been out for a while and didn't checked the cvs. Does it contains a
> TODO list ?

the TODO of over a year ago says that porting the
Parport DMA feature to "2.3.x" kernels is a "todo"

The 2.4.x kernel source is derived from the cvs source
by stripping out all #ifdefs for older kernel versions
AND #ifdef CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA_PP_DMA stuff.

so it seems that parport DMA access for 2.4.x kernels is not
(yet) available, unless some other 2.4.x feature has replaced it.
The CVS code presumably has working parport DMA access for
2.2.x kernels...

I guess it would be good to port it (?) but not if it delays
an attempt to get the kernel sources updated!

duncan

E-Mail: f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Date: 17-Dec-2001
Time: 12:39:18