[cpia] Problem compiling cpia-1.2 under 2.4.2 kernel

pop user sbertin@securenym.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:15:46 -0500 (EST)

On 27 Feb, Michael Jarvis wrote:
> When I attempt to compile the cpia-1.2 source for the 2.4.2 kernel, I get
> an error in cpia.c around line 3906.  It looks as if the format of the
> "struct video_device" has changed in the file

Where did you get your kernel from?  I just compiled it with no problems
on kernel 2.4.2 downloaded from ftp.kernel.org.

> The structure is now defined in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/videodev.h as:
>
> struct video_device
> {
> 	struct module *owner;

This field doesn't exist in a stock 2.4.2 kernel.

> By the way this was using gcc 2.95.3 on a Mandrake 7.2 box.

I'm using the same.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@securenym.net