[cpia] Driver stability

Chris Jones chris@black-sun.co.uk
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:06:08 +0000

Hi

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm having a nightmare
trying to get a working/stable cpia.
I'm using a Creative WebCam II USB and have tested on the two boxen I
have here, one is a dual Celeron system (ABit BP6 board, hence Intel USB
controller) running 2.4.0 and the other is a single Celeron system (some
FIC motherboard, but also Intel USB controller) running 2.2.18.
On the 2.4 box I can get the cam working, but I can usually guarantee
that it will hang the box sooner or later. I'm not sure if it makes any
difference, but I'm using camE (http://www.linuxbrit.co.uk/camE/) to
take/upload pictures.
On the 2.2 box I can't even get the driver to produce a picture. I can't
grab the exact error message right now because I had to ravage the box
for some hardware bits. I'll try and get it up again tomorrow and report
the error.

Should the drivers be working/stable for USB cams?

--
| __ -| | .'|  _| '_|___|__   | | |   |  chris@black-sun.co.uk
             S o f t w a r e