[cpia] Re: can't compile on RH7.1

McQuay, Michael Michael.McQuay@wcg.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:22:08 -0600

I had noticed that same thing about the video_device structure changing and
was hacking around on the cpia driver, trying to get it to work, when I saw
your email.

I just compiled 2.4.13 and, you're right, the cpia drivers that are included
with it work properly now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, THIS DRIVER ROCKS!

Thanks to all of you who've provided a way for me to use my webcam in linux.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Iodice
To: McQuay, Michael
Sent: 11/2/2001 6:26 AM
Subject: RE: [cpia] Re: can't compile on RH7.1

The problem I have is that the
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/videodev.h file defined the
video_device structure.  And that structure differs from
what the code expects.

The solution is to rebuild the kernel and select cpia
drivers at that time. Then the camera works.  Make sure you
also select the usb options that are listed in the cpia
docs.

This appears to work -- friends of mine did this, I haven't
gotten that far yet   :-)

Good luck.

David