[cpia] TerraCam progress

Jari Eskelinen jjeskeli@cs.uku.fi
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:51:09 +0200

Once again here.

With my zero-c skills, I tried to find out why my TerraCam won't work.
When I loaded usb-module, it reported camera with vendor/product id
0x5a9/0xa511. In cpia-driver version 1.2.0, there wasn't such id's
defined in sources. I added those. Now hen I load cpia -module, led in
terracam lights up and I can access /proc/cpia/video0 and see all
settings camera have. Sounds good, but. No video. When I try to use
/dev/video0, it says that no such device. There are (crw-r--r--    1
root     root      81,   0 Nov 20 09:19 /dev/video0). This is where my
skills surely will be not enough :)

So if somebody can help with this problem, again, I'd be grateful. It
seems though that cpia-drivers are not developed actively, because they
won't even compile with 2.4.x kernels without modifications :(

--
Jari Eskelinen * http://jarpatus.cjb.net/ * jjeskeli@cs.uku.fi