[cpia] TerraCam USB not working, something changed in hardware?

Steve Miller steve.miller@st.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:16:34 -0500

jjeskeli@cs.uku.fi wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> Yesterday I wondered why my TerraCam USB won't work with Linux. I
> explored ome web-sites and it seems my TerraCam is not exactly like
> original - I noticed now that in box there are sticker which says "New!
> Now with snapshot button and FaceMail test versio!". Indeed there are
> button on top of camera, which takes snapshot in Windows. Don't know
> any other hardware changes though.
>
> Does anybody know if this camera could be made to work with
> cpia-drivers or have the chip changed (to what)? Some minor tweaking?
> I' no coder, but if I can help somehow with that camera, tell.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> --
> Jari Eskelinen * http://jarpatus.cjb.net/ * jjeskeli@cs.uku.fi

Can you provide the vendor and device ids?  Just do a tail -f on
/var/log/messages and plug the camera in.  You should see this
enumerated.  It sounds like they did change the sensor/asic, this will
tell you the new one.  There is a new version of cpia (cpia2) which has
a provision for a button like that, but I don't know if this camera is
one.

Steve

--
Steve Miller