[cpia] Help with parallel port driver in ECP mode

Selma Kwong s369494@student.uq.edu.au
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:35:17 +1000

For the interface between the microcontroller to the webcam, do I need to
put some controller chip or buffer in between?  I read in Jan Axelson's
book (Parallel Port Complete) that I should put a 82C55 Programmable
Peripheral Interface between.  And I read somewhere people use a buffer
such as the Fairchild 74ACT1284 in between.  Does anyone know about these?

Selma